The O-3 visa allows the dependents of an O-1 or O-2 visa holder to accompany him or her during their stay in the U.S.Like other family or dependent visas, the status of an O-3 visa holder depends entirely upon the status of the principal O visa holder. If the visa of the principal O visa holder expires, then so do the visas of his or her dependents here on O-3 visas.

How Do I Obtain an O-3 Visa?

The O-3 visa is available to the spouse and dependent children (under 21 years old) of an O-1 or O-2 visa holder. All of the privileges associated with those visas are available to those with an O-3 visa. Thus, an O-3 visa holder is not under any travel restrictions, allowing them to travel anywhere within the United States and to leave and re-enter the country while the visa remains valid.

Thus, there are no travel restrictions; an O-3 visa allows its holder to travel anywhere in the U.S. and to leave the country and reenter while the visa is valid. Since the valid term of a dependent visa is tied to the valid term of the principal visa, an O-3 visa can last for an initial term of three years and can be extended on a yearly basis without limit.

Do I Need a Lawyer to Apply for an O-3 Visa?

If you need assistance with a visa application, an experienced immigration lawyer can tell you if you fulfill the requirements for obtaining an O-3 visa, help you fill out the necessary paperwork, and explain the process of obtaining an O-3 visa or any of the other visas, such as a visitor visa.