E-2: Treaty Investor Visa Lawyers

Locate a Local Immigration Lawyer

Find Lawyers in Other Categories
Most Common Immigration Law Issues:

What is an E Category Visa?

The E category visa is designed to promote trade and investments between the U.S. and other countries.  It allows people who do substantial business with the U.S. to remain here for extended periods of time, so that they can live and work in the U.S. lawfully.  

Who Can Apply for an E-2 Visa? 

In order to qualify for an E-2 visa, you must meet the following requirements:

What Documents Do I Need to Apply for an E-2 Visa?

In order to apply for an E-2 visa, you will need to prepare and present the following:

  1. a business plan, stating your involvement with the investment;
  2. a copy of the investment's most recent financial statement;
  3. an affidavit of intent to leave after your visa expires;
  4. passport;
  5. birth certificate and marriage certificate, if you are married;
  6. copy of your U.S. visa and form I-94 (temporary visa form) if you are already in the U.S.

How Long Will My E-2 Visa Last?

Once issued to you, an E category visa will normally last for a period of 2 years, although it is not uncommon for the government to issue them for a period of up to 5 years. 

Should I See an Immigration Attorney When I Apply for an E-2 Visa?

There are many forms and procedural requirements to apply for an E-2 visa.  An experienced immigration attorney will make sure that you have all the necessary documentation in order to have your visa issued to you. 

Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 10-24-2012 02:45 PM PDT

Find the Right Lawyer Now

Link to this page

Law Library Disclaimer

LegalMatch Service Mark