Non-Immigrant Status Lawyers

Locate a Local Immigration Lawyer

Find Lawyers in Other Categories
Most Common Immigration Law Issues:

If you were lawfully admitted into the United States with a temporary visa, and you have not committed any crimes during your stay, you may be able to apply to change your visa status so long as your temporary status is valid.

Are There Any Other Limitations to Changing My Status?

Although you have not committed any crimes, and you were admitted into the United States lawfully, there are some visa categories that may prevent you from changing your non-immigrant status. These include:

May I Change My Status So I Can Attend School?

If you are the spouse or child of someone with one of the following visas, you do not need to apply to change your status to attend school. However, if your spouse or parent changes their visa status, you will have to apply to change your status:

Do I Need a Lawyer?

If you are interested in changing your temporary visa status, an experienced immigration attorney can advise you of any and all restrictions. A lawyer can also assist in completing your application with the correct documentation and explain to you your options if you are denied a change.

Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 11-21-2012 01:17 PM PST

Find the Right Lawyer Now

Link to this page

Law Library Disclaimer

LegalMatch Service Mark