In California, possessing Adderall without a valid prescription conviction can result in 364 days in county jail. possessing the drug with the intent to sell is a felony. A conviction can result in two to four years in state prison. California law makes it illegal to sell and transport the prescription drug Adderall without authorization.
A prosecutor needs to prove beyond a reasonable doubt:
- The defendant illegally transported or sold a controlled substance
- The defendant knew of the presence of the controlled substance
- The defendant knew the controlled substance was Adderall.
- The controlled substance was actually Adderall
- The Adderall in possession was in a usable amount
Transportation means the defendant moved the Adderall from one location to another. It doesn’t matter where it was moved, so long as the Adderall was moved.
California defines a usable amount as being enough of the pills to be used by someone as a controlled substance. The actual amount doesn’t need to a usable amount by a specific user. However, debris or traces of Adderall doesn’t constitute a usable amount.
Selling and transporting Adderall is a felony. A conviction of the charge can be three to five years in state prison.
Yes. Contact a california lawyer about defending you against the sale and transportation of Adderall charge.