Visa Application Lawyers

Locate a Local Immigration Lawyer

Most Common Immigration Law Issues:

What is a Visa Application?

Submitting a visa application is one of the first steps towards immigrating to the United States. Whether your intention is to relocate permanently to the U.S. or to have a short visit, you will need a visa. There are many different types of visa applications, such as family-based petition visas, employment-based visas, permanent visas, and student visas.

What are Some Requirements in a Visa Application?

When submitting a visa application, you will be asked to answer many questions and you will be required to submit proof for any claims that you might be making. Some requirements may include:

Temporary visas have many subcategories. These all have their own set of requirements based on the nature of the visa. For instance, a person applying for a student visa will have to provide proof of their acceptance and cooperation with the sponsoring educational institution. Likewise, employment-based visas will usually require some sort of proof of employment or alien labor certification.

What are Some Tips for Handling a Visa Application?

Here are some tips when working with a visa application:

Should I Hire a Lawyer for Help with a Visa Application?

Visa applications can often involve many details and several requirements. It’s in your best interests to hire a qualified lawyer for help when submitting a visa application. Your attorney can help ensure that your application is complete and on time. A late or incomplete visa application can seriously hinder your chance of obtaining a visa. Also, your attorney can represent you if you need to appear before a panel or before a judge.

Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 06-10-2015 10:14 AM PDT

Find the Right Lawyer Now

Did you find this article informative?

Link to this page

Law Library Disclaimer

LegalMatch Logo for the Visa Application Lawyers page, visa application,immigration attorney,green card lawyer,permanent visa,student visa,immirgant employee