Permanent Resident Status Lawyers

Locate a Local Immigration Lawyer

Find Lawyers in Other Categories
Most Common Immigration Law Issues:

Permanent Resident Status

Although you have the right to live permanently in the United States, and enjoy substantially more rights than an immigrant with a temporary visa, you are still considered an alien and must take preventative measures to maintain your status.

How Can I Lose My Status?

Generally you can lose your permanent resident status through abandonment or removal:

How Do Immigration Authorities Determine the Intent to Abandon?

The intent to abandon is determined by the alien's reason for leaving the United States and the expectation that the trip would end shortly.

Do I Need a Lawyer?

An immigration lawyer can help you maintain your U.S. permanent residence. If you face the loss of your permanent residency, a lawyer can discuss your rights and remedies.

Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 06-10-2014 04:52 PM PDT

Find the Right Lawyer Now

Link to this page

Law Library Disclaimer

LegalMatch Service Mark