P-4 Visa

Locate a Local Immigration Lawyer

Find Lawyers in Other Categories
Most Common Immigration Law Issues:

What Is a P-4 Visa?

P visas are temporary employment visas specifically for athletes, artists, and entertainers. The P-4 visa is for the spouse and unmarried minor children (under 21) of a P1, P2, or P3 visa holder (principal) who wishes the join the principal visa holder in the United States.

Like other “family” or “dependent” visas, the status of the P-4 visa holder is entirely dependent upon the status of the principal P visa holder. If the visa of the principal P visa holder expires, and the principal visa holder has to return to his or her home country, then so do his or her dependents that are here on P-4 visas.

What Can I Do on a P-4 Visa?

A P-4 visa holder is not allowed to work while he or she is in the United States. However, P-4 visa holders are allowed to study full-time or part-time.

A P-4 visa holder can also travel in and out of the United States as long as his or her visa remains valid.  

Do I Need a Lawyer to Apply for a P-4 Visa?

If you or a loved one needs help with a visa application, you should contact an attorney. An experienced immigration lawyer can tell you the requirements of a P-4 visa and can explain the process of obtaining any of the other visas, such as a visitor visa, that might be applicable to your situation.

Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 11-21-2013 02:51 PM PST

Find the Right Lawyer Now

Link to this page

Law Library Disclaimer

LegalMatch Service Mark