8 Things to CHECK before hiring an Employment Lawyer
1. Specialty: Does the lawyer specialize in the area that you need help on?
2. Length of practice: How long has the lawyer practiced employment law?
3. Outcome: Does the lawyer see a positive outcome for your case? What does he/she think as the likely outcome of your case?
4. Similar cases: Has the lawyer handled an employment case like yours before? If yes, how many?
5. Communication: How will the lawyer communicate with you regarding your case? How often?
6. Legal fees: What are the legal fees? How will they be paid?
7. Necessity of litigation: Is a litigation necessary to resolve your problem?
8. Professionalism: Has the lawyer ever been sanctioned or disciplined for attorney misconduct?