There are many different causes of car accidents. Some of these may include:
- Distracted driving (i.e., texting while driving, etc.)
- Drunk driving
- Bad weather and driving conditions
- Mechanical failure of car or car parts
- Disobeying traffic laws
- Unpredictable circumstances (such as a falling boulder, etc.)
Depending on the cause of the accident, either party may or may not be held liable for damages or injuries. Proving fault in an auto accident claim can often be difficult and may require the assistance of a legal professional.
Do I Need a Lawyer after a Car Accident?
You may need a lawyer after a car accident if:
- You or any other party has suffered serious injury as a result of the accident
- Drunk driving was involved
- Violations of laws were involved
- Serious property damage resulted (especially that of government roads or property)
- There are issues regarding insurance policies or insurance companies
- You need legal advice regarding your rights as a plaintiff or defendant
Personal injury lawyers are generally needed when filing a lawsuit involving a car accident. A qualified lawyer can help review the evidence to determine who is at fault and what types of damages are available.
Typical damages in a car accident claim usually cover expenses such as medical bills, property repairs, and in some cases, legal fees.
How Can I Find a Personal Injury Lawyer?
In many cases, it can be difficult to find the proper lawyer to help with a car accident claim. Calling numbers from a phone book can often lead to dead ends, and may be time consuming. Perhaps a more efficient and consistent way to find a personal injury lawyer is to utilize the online matching services provided by LegalMatch. By posting your case online, LegalMatch will match you directly with a qualified personal injury lawyer in your area, free of charge.