Auto accident attorneys are personal injury attorneys that specifically handle car collision cases. These can include:
- Accidents between two drivers
- Multiple car crashes
- Automobile-pedestrian accidents
- Car and motorcycle or bicycle accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Various other types of roadway accidents
Automobile accident lawyers often have years of experience dealing with car crash cases. They may have specialized knowledge of certain car makes, different highway systems, and car safety restraint technology. They may also have a high degree of knowledge when it comes to certain injuries such as whiplash.
What Do Auto Accident Attorneys Do?
Auto accident attorneys may perform tasks such as:
- Help clients understand personal injury and roadway laws
- Review, process, and file court-related documents for trial
- Obtain witness statements
- Analyzing the scene of a car accident in order to obtain evidence
- Negotiate with the opposing counsel and other parties such as insurance companies
- Help with determining fault in a car accident lawsuit
In addition, some auto accident attorneys are specialists when it comes to newer technologies, such as accident reconstruction or computer-generated physics programs. These can often help determine liability more accurately based on calculations of speed, road conditions, and other such measurements.
Tips for Hiring an Auto Accident Attorney
Hiring an auto accident attorney is a major step towards obtaining a legal remedy. When selecting an auto accident attorney, some tips to follow are:
- Begin compiling a list of questions or concerns that you may have, legally speaking; be sure to discuss these in detail with your attorney.
- Be sure to do some research on your future attorney’s background, credentials, and standing with their state bar.
Do I Need a Lawyer for Help with Auto Accident Claims?
Automobile accidents can often involve major property damage as well as some serious injuries. You may need to hire a qualified personal injury lawyer if you need assistance with an auto accident lawsuit. Your attorney can provide you with legal advice and representation for your case.
Online matching services like those provided by LegalMatch can often yield more workable attorney-client relationships than those resulting from other attorney search methods.