Lawyer Library: Guide to Cyberspace Law
Cyberspace law is also referred to as cyberlaw and is a term that encompasses the legal issues that relate to the communication, distribution and transactions via the internet or other networked technologies and devices. This type of law is important to protect consumers and other internet searchers from ill-willed persons and companies. It covers many areas within regulation and law including intellectual property, e-commerce, freedom of expression and privacy concerns.
- American Bar Association: Cyberspace Law - Electronic Commerce Law Subcommittee: Information on the electronic commerce law subcommittee at the American Bar Association.
- FindLaw: Cyberspace Law - E-Commerce: Legal resources for e-commerce cyberspace law information.
- Business: Internet Law: Directory of ecommerce law, internet lawyers and other information concerning online legal issues.
- Virginia Journal of Law and Technology: E-Commerce Taxation and Cyberspace Law: PDF document with in-depth information on e-commerce taxation and cyberspace law.
- E-Commerce Web Sites: List of websites as a resource for e-commerce information.
- Cyberspace Law: Learning Cyberlaw in Cyberspace: Ecommerce information when learning cyberlaw online.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation: Cyber Crime: Information on the cyber crime unit and department of the FBI.
- United States Department of Justice: Computer Crime and Intellectual Property: Press releases and additional information on cyber crimes as provided by the U.S. Department of Justice's Computer Crime and Intellectual Property section.
- Annual Reports on Cyber Crime Investigation from the International High Technology Crime Investigation Association (IHTCIA).
- Cyber Citizenship: What is Cyber Crime?: Definition and explanation on what cyber crime is.
- Cyber Crime Most Wanted: Website that lists the most wanted cyber criminals.
- Computer Crime Research Center: News and Articles on cyber crime.
- DOD Cyber Crime Center: Cyber crime center at the military U.S. Department of Defense.
Freedom of Expression
- Freedom Magazine: Freedom of Speech at Risk at Cyberspace: Article that explains how freedom of speech is at risk on cyberspace.
- Human Rights Education Associates: Freedom of Expression: In-depth information on what the freedom of expression is and the history of it.
- American Civil Liberties Union: Freedom of Expression: Freedom of expression information and speech from the first amendment.
- National Paralegal: Freedom of Expression: Definition of the freedom of expression.
- LawMemo: Freedom of Speech, Cyberspace Harassment Law: Comprehensive information on the freedom of speech, cyberspace, harassment law and the Clinton administration.
- Stanford University: Freedom of Speech, Cyberspace and Harassment Law: PDF document on the freedom of speech, cyberspace and harassment law.
- The Independent Institute: Freedom of Speech: PDF document on the freedom of speech.
- University of California in Los Angeles: Cyberspace Law Bibliography: List of references used in cyberspace law document.
- Harvard University: General Information on Intellectual Property Law: List of resources that have more information on intellectual property in cyberspace.
- University of San Francisco: Intellectual Property and Technology Law: Concerns with intellectual property on protection for discovery, creation and invention.
- Stetson University: Intellectual Property and Cyberspace Law Update: Recent law and policy issues.
- Gratz College: Upcoming Intellectual Property Classes: List of upcoming classes on intellectual property at Gratz College.
- Penn State Law: Intellectual Property: Legal links to more information on intellectual property including copyrighting, patent and trademark information.
- Cyber Law Centre: Interpreting Privacy Principles: News, events and recent publications on privacy and cyberspace law.
- The 'Making Privacy Laws Work' Project: Information on the privacy project entitled, "Making Privacy Laws Work".
- Georgetown University: Internet Law Research Guide - Privacy: Research information on privacy and the cyberspace laws.
- Privacy Rights Clearinghouse: Online Privacy: Privacy and internet laws – using the internet safely.
- The Right of Privacy and Cyberspace Law: Extensive information on the history of privacy rights and cyber law.
- E-Commerce and Tech Law: American Law Institute Elects Former ABA Cyberspace Law Committee Chair: Article on the election of former committee chair.
- Fairness: Internet/Cyberspace Law: Articles and resources on cyberspace law.
- Michigan Bar Journal: A Guide to Searching Cyberspace Law Online: A complete guide to searching cyberspace law online as provided from the Michigan Bar Journal.
- FlashcardDB: Cyberspace Law for Non Lawyers: Flashcards for non-lawyers who want to know about cyberspace law.
- Optics: Cyberspace Law Information Resources and Internet Law: Complete resource for internet law information.
- Washburn University School of Law: Computer/Cyberspace Law: Additional internet resources on computer and cyberspace law.