Worker's Compensation for Off-Site Injuries

Locate a Local Employment Lawyer

Find Lawyers in Other Categories
Most Common Employment Law Issues:

Does Worker's Compensation Cover Off-Site Injuries?

In general, workers will be eligible for worker's compensation for injuries that occur away from the job site if the injury is work-related.  Determining whether an injury is work-related can be somewhat confusing, so courts generally look to see whether the injury was caused by the employment. Some off-site injuries that are typically covered include injuries that occur:

Are Injuries Sustained While on Lunch Breaks Covered?

Generally, worker's compensation does not cover injuries that occur during lunch breaks. However, courts have created several exceptions to this rule. Courts look at whether the employer was benefiting from the employee's actions at the time. Some examples include:

Do I Need a Lawyer?

The laws covering worker's compensation are state laws, and, therefore, can vary from state to state and be very confusing. If you have been injured in the course of your employment, your first recourse should be to file the proper workers' compensation insurance forms required by your employer. If the claim is denied, an experienced employment attorney familiar with workers' compensation law can advise you of your rights and options in contesting the denial of your claim. A lawyer can also represent you in court if needed.

Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 08-03-2015 04:52 PM PDT

Find the Right Lawyer Now

Link to this page

Law Library Disclaimer

LegalMatch Service Mark