Pay and benefit lawyers specialize in assisting both employees and employers in employment disputes. The articles below provide information on the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), employee pensions and benefits, stock option disputes, wage and overtime pay and workers’ compensation. You may need to consult a lawyer experienced in pay and benefits issues if you encounter any of the legal issues highlighted below.
Family and Medical Leave (17+ Articles)
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- What Is the Eligible Employee Entitled to Under the FMLA?
- Filing a Complaint Under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Family and Medical Leave Discrimination
- Responsibilities Under the Family and Medical Leave Act
Pensions and Benefits (17+ Articles)
Stock Option Disputes (3+ Articles)
Wage and Overtime Pay (42+ Articles)
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- Payday Requirements
- How Overtime Is Paid
- Hours That Minors Can Work
- Remedies for Unpaid Wages
Workers Compensation (17+ Articles)
- Benefits Available under Workers' Compensation
- Requirements for Workers' Compensation
- Processing a Workers' Compensation Claim
- Types of Injuries That Are Covered under Workers' Compensation
- Who is NOT Covered by Workers' Compensation?
Should I Contact a Pay and Benefit Lawyer?
If you are an employee, and involved in a dispute with your employer, you should contact a pay and benefit lawyer who will review your case and ensure that you receive all of your earned payments and benefits. If you are an employer, you should contact an employment lawyer who can protect your business by ensuring that you are complying with all federal and state regulations.