Description – Chlorfenvinphos is a clear or amber yellow liquid with a mild odor. Chlorfenvinphos is used as an insecticide to kill worms, insects and parasites living in soil. Exposure to Chlorfenvinphos mainly occurs through the ingestion of vegetable or fruit products contaminated with it.
Risks – Short term exposure to Chlorfenvinphos causes fatal organophosphate poisoning and irritates the lungs causing shortness of breath and coughing. Side effects from short-term exposure can include vomiting, diarrhea, headache, and irregular heartbeats. Long-term exposure to Chlorfenvinphos can affect the nervous system causing loss of motor coordination, headache, and may also cause personality changes, such as anxiety or depression.
If you believe you or a loved one has become ill because of Chlorfenvinphos exposure you should hire a lawyer immediately. An experienced toxic exposure attorney will help you determine who is responsible for your toxic exposure, and get proper compensation for your injuries.