Sweetwater is located in Florida state’s Miami-Dade County. It had a population of 13,499 (consisting mainly of Whites) in 2010 and is 3 miles west from Miami. Founded in 1941, the average annual income here is around $32,315.
More information about the city can be acquired by using their official website. This online portal provides details about Sweetwater’s Police, Finance, Elderly Program, Human Resources Maintenance, Parks and Recreation, Public Works, Special Projects, Building and Zoning, and other departments. The citizens of Sweetwater may also make use of the helpful resources found in the Miami-Dade Public Library System.
According to City-Data, Sweetwater had a crime rate index of 92 in 2018. This means it had a lower crime rate compared to other Florida cities, including Doral, Miami Springs, South Miami, Medley, Coral Gables, and Hialeah Gardens. The same data source also concluded that violent crime and property crime in Sweetwater had decreased in the last 5 years.
If you want to get more information about the city’s criminal law and other legal practices, you may get in touch with the following legal aid clinics providing pro bono services in Sweetwater, FL:
- Alliance for Aging (Elder and Health Care)
- Guardianship Program of Dade County, Inc (Elder, Estate Planning, and Health Care)
- Legal Services of Greater Miami (Civil Rights, Domestic Violence, Education, and Employment)
- ACLU of Florida (Civil Rights)
- Catholic Charities Legal Services, Archdiocese of Miami, Inc. (Immigration, Juvenile and Real Estate)
- Domestic Violence Intake Unit (Domestic Violence and Family)
- Saint Thomas University Human Rights Institute (Civil Rights and Immigration)
- The Lodge Miami (Domestic Violence and Family)
- Dade County Put Something Back Pro Bono Project (Bankruptcy, Civil Rights, Consumer, and Criminal)
- Legal Aid Society of Dade County Bar Association (Bankruptcy, Civil Rights, Consumer, and Divorce)
- Florida Legal Services, Inc. (Criminal, Employment, Immigration, and Juvenile)
- Florida Legal Services, Inc. Voluntary Pro Bono Attorney Plan
- Florida Immigrant Advocacy Center
Aside from getting in touch with these legal aid clinics, you should also consider navigating the comprehensive online Law Library of LegalMatch. Its 10,000+ articles contain up-to-date information about different legal topics that will be of help for your legal research.
Do you need legal assistance from a Sweetwater lawyer? LegalMatch maintains a database of prescreened bar-certified Sweetwater lawyers. Just complete an online case intake form at LegalMatch.com and you will be matched with a lawyer who can meet your legal needs.