Weddings and Alcohol Liability

Locate a Local Personal Injury Lawyer

Find Lawyers in Other Categories
Most Common Personal Injury Law Issues:

Can Newly Weds Be Held Liable for Serving Alcohol at Their Wedding?

If the wedding parties serve alcohol at their wedding, they may be liable for damages caused by their drunken guests. When a person serves alcohol to an individual who is obviously drunk, the server is thought to have contributed to the harm caused by the drunken individual. Liability extends from the server to the party host and business who hired the server.

How Can Couples Protect Themselves from Liability?

The laws governing the alcohol liability of social hosts varies from state to state.  However, couples can take steps to protect themselves. Some basic steps include: 

Should I Talk to a Lawyer?

If an alcohol liability lawsuit has been brought against you, a personal injury lawyer can advise you of your legal rights and defenses. If you are planning a wedding and are concerned with protecting yourself from alcohol liability, a local attorney can advise you on how to best protect yourself and your memories of your special day, while ensuring that your guests still have a good time.

Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 07-15-2014 10:05 AM PDT

Find the Right Lawyer Now

Link to this page

Law Library Disclaimer

LegalMatch Service Mark