Spousal Support - Special Circumstances

Locate a Local Family Lawyer

Find Lawyers in Other Categories
Most Common Family Law Issues:

What Special Circumstances Effect Spousal Support?

A court can alter a spousal support award if certain changes occurred to either spouse's economic or family situation. Such changes include: 

How Do Each of These Changes Affect Spousal Support? 

When Can a Spousal Support Order Not Be Changed?

Even if either of the spouse's situation changes in a way that makes a reduction in the amount of support paid appropriate.  A court cannot reduce or terminate spousal support if the original support order says it is not modifiable.

Do I Need a Family Law Attorney?

If you have concerns about changes to your financial or family situation that may affect how much spousal support you pay or receive, you should contact an experienced family law attorney immediately.

Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 04-07-2014 08:58 AM PDT

Find the Right Lawyer Now

Link to this page

Law Library Disclaimer

LegalMatch Service Mark