Resolution of Necessity Lawyers

Locate a Local Real Estate Lawyer

Find Lawyers in Other Categories
Most Common Real Estate Issues

When Is Resolution of Necessity Required?

Before an eminent domain proceeding can commence in court, the government agency wanting to acquire your property must show a "resolution of necessity"

What Must the Government Agency Show?

To adopt a "resolution of necessity", the government agency must show:

What Happens after the Resolution of Necessity Is Shown?

If the government agency is able to show that taking your property is necessary, then the case will head to court. In court, a jury will determine what you should be paid for your land if you are unable to reach a settlement.

Do I Need a Lawyer?

If a government agency wants to take your property through eminent domain, an attorney specializing in eminent domain law can ensure your rights are protected. A lawyer can evaluate the government agency's resolution of necessity to see if it is sufficient or not.

Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 01-28-2014 12:10 PM PST

Find the Right Lawyer Now

Link to this page

Law Library Disclaimer

LegalMatch Service Mark