Finding a Local Bankruptcy Attorney
Locate a Local Finance Lawyer
What Are Bankruptcy Attorneys?
Bankruptcy attorneys generally assist persons or organizations who are filing for bankruptcy. This can include businesses, corporations, or individual consumers. Bankruptcy lawyers provide services such as:
- Informing clients of their options with regards to bankruptcy filings (i.e. Chapter 7 vs. Chapter 13, etc.)
- Determining whether there are any alternatives to filing bankruptcy
- Assisting with paperwork, tax records, account books, and other documents
- Representing clients in court during hearings
- Dealing with insurance companies and other related parties
- Handling related matters such as property liens, collections, automatic stays during proceedings, etc.
Thus, bankruptcy attorneys need to stay well-versed in various areas of law and finance matters. Bankruptcy proceedings are somewhat unique in that they are not as conflict-based as other forms of legal proceedings. However, legal conflicts can often occur in connection with bankruptcy, especially when dealing with creditors and collections.
How Can I Find a Local Bankruptcy Attorney?
There are several ways to locate bankruptcy attorneys in your area. The more traditional method is to thumb through a phone book and call attorneys who are near you. More recently, online databases can provide similar search listings for you to call attorneys.
However, some problems with these methods include:
- Can be time consuming
- Often no way to compare, review, or rate attorneys
- May not always lead to a suitable connection between attorney and client
Other alternatives include using newer methods for finding a local bankruptcy attorney. One way is to utilize online matching services such as those provided by LegalMatch.com. These services provide clients with direct matches to local attorneys in a timely and efficient manner.
Do I Need a Lawyer for Help with Bankruptcy Issues?
It is important that you work with a bankruptcy attorney who is familiar with the local laws in your area. For instance, California bankruptcy exemptions may have different aspects to them when compared with the exemptions in other states. As such, you need be sure that you’re filing in the correct court and in the correct jurisdiction. You may wish to hire a local bankruptcy attorney using LegalMatch’s online system. A qualified attorney in your area can provide you with guidance and representation during the process.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 06-20-2014 10:31 AM PDT
Link to this page