Pawnshops and Criminal Liability Lawyers
Locate a Local Business Lawyer
What Is a Pawnshop?
Are There Laws Regarding Pawnshops?
- Establish its good character before being licensed
- Maintain a permanent record book that has detailed information about each transaction
- Allow the police warrantless searches of record books
- Allow the police warrantless seizures of stolen property
- Give customers a corresponding "pledge ticket" to the goods and record book
- Take pictures of customers and give the pictures to the police upon their request
- Require customers to give their finger prints
Potential Legal Consequences for Violations
- It can be shut down
- It can be fined
- The owner can be placed in jail
Do I Need an Attorney for a Pawnshop and Criminal Liability Issue?
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 06-05-2014 12:37 PM PDT
Did you find this article informative?
Link to this page