Pawnshops and Criminal Liability Lawyers
What is a Pawnshop?
Are There Laws Regarding Pawnshops?
- Establish its good character before being licensed,
- Maintain a permanent record book that has detailed information about each transaction,
- Allow the police warrantless searches of record books,
- Allow the police warrantless seizures of stolen property,
- Give customers a corresponding "pledge ticket" to the goods and record book,
- Take pictures of customers and give the pictures to the police upon their request, or
- Require customers to give their finger prints.
What are the Consequences for Failing to do any of the Above?
- It can be shut down,
- It can be fined, or
- The owner can be placed in jail.
Do I Need an Attorney for a Pawnshop and Criminal Liability Issue?
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 02-07-2011 03:16 PM PST
Did you find this article informative?