Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Locate a Local Personal Injury Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents can be very dangerous and often deadly. As a result, insurance companies and state laws treat motorcycle accidents differently from automobile accidents.
What Should I Do if I Am Involved in a Motorcycle Accident?
The actions you should take after a motorcycle accident are similar to what you should do after an automobile accident. You should:
- Notify the responsible parties and contract the insurance companies to determine the amount of coverage
- Gather your evidence, including:
- Police reports
- Traffic tickets
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Names and contact information of witnesses
- Medical records and bills
- Photographs of your injuries
- Documentation of work missed and wages lost
- Be sure and recuperate from your injuries
- Negotiate with the insurance company and send them a demand letter if necessary
- Try to reach a satisfactory settlement with the insurance company
Should I Consult a Lawyer after a Motorcycle Accident?
If you are unhappy with the settlement an insurance company offers you, your only option is to sue the insurance company. An experienced personal injury attorney can help guide you through the complicated legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve. A personal injury lawyer can also represent you in court.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 08-25-2015 02:28 PM PDT
Link to this page