Products and Services Law
Locate a Local Products & Services Lawyer
What Is Products and Services Law?
Products liability deals with defective and dangerous products that cause thousands of injuries every year. The laws and regulations associated with this area of law are different than ordinary personal injury laws. Parties that are responsible for products liability claims can be liable under specific legal theories including negligence, strict liability, and defective product liability.
Malpractice claims arise when a professional individual or organization makes an error in the services they render a patient or client, which results in the patient of client to suffer economic or non-economic damages. Malpractice claims or lawsuits are made against licensed professionals such as lawyer, medical care professionals such as doctors, nurses, hospitals, dentists and the companies and organizations they work for.
The LegalMatch Law Library has many articles about defective products and services:
Products Liability and Defective Products
- Automobile (Insurance Claims, Products, Lemon Laws)
- Faulty or Defective Products (Fraud, Warranties, Drugs)
- Defective Design Products
- Manufacturing Defect Products
- Inadequate Warning Label Defect
- Firearms and Explosives Liability
Food and Restaurant Services Liability
There are an estimated 76 million cases of food poisoning cases in the U.S each year. Restaurants who provide services for food try to maximize profits and sometimes cut corners in their sanitations and quality of food.
- Food Contamination Claims
- Food Poisoning Lawsuits
- What to Do if Harmed by Dirty Restaurant
- Suing Caterer for Food Poisoning
- Types of Food Safety Violations
Medical Malpractice Liability
Medical malpractice is a type of personal injury claims that is brought by the patient when the doctor or other medical service providers fail to perform their duties upon the professional standard of care that is required for doctors or medical professionals within that field. These types of claims include making mistakes while treating a patient as well as failing to take proper medical action.
- What is Medical Malpractice?
- Failure to Diagnose
- Standard of Care for Medical Professionals
- Who is Liable in a Medical Malpractice Claim?
- Types of Consent Required for Medical Services
- Medical Malpractice Insurance for Doctors
- Malpractice Lawyers (Medical, Attorney, other)
Attorney Services and Malpractice Liability
When you hire an attorney to represent you in your legal claim, the attorney has a duty to provide competent professional service and must zealously represent you in your case until the end. If your attorney is incompetent, and you suffer damages as a result, then your attorney may be liable for your damages.
- Common Types of Attorney Malpractice
- What Are the Elements of Attorney Malpractice?
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Breach of Contract
- Getting a Refund from Attorney
Should I Contact an Attorney?
Product liability and malpractice claims can be very complex. In order to determine when you must file a products liability claim against the defendant or if your claim is valid, you may want to contact a personal injury lawyer who specializes in products liability claims.
Vea esta página en español: Productos y Servicios o visita Abogados-Leyes.com para más información legal.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 05-16-2016 02:38 PM PDT
Link to this page