What Family Issues can the Law help with?
Families with problems may chose to seek relief from the courts or find an alternative means of resolution through mediation.
The marriage and dissolution of marriage are regulated under each individual state's law. Before entering into a marriage, many people find themselves signing prenuptial agreements with legal terms and language. Filling for a legal separation or a divorce often requires many considerations for the distribution of property and support (spousal support and child support). The law of your state will determine what procedures to take for any marriage issue.
Children are often a primary concern regardless of the nature of the parents' relationship. Upon divorce, many people seek assistance with child custody issues. Despite the existence of a legal relationship between the parents, they often need assistance with child support and visitation issues. Further, family members of a child concerned with the child's well being may wish to pursue guardianship or an alternate means of custody.
Other popular family law articles of interest:
- Alienation Of Affection Lawsuits
- Non-marital Agreements
- Child Visitation Guidelines
- Living Together Contracts - Cooling Off Clauses
- Abortion Rights of Minors
- Marriage of US Citizens Abroad
- Vacating a Default Judgment in Family Court
- Financial Exploitation of the Elderly
- Legal Planning for Second Marriages
- Husband-Wife Privilege
- Living Together Contract - Property and Finance Clauses
Present your case to Family Lawyers now!
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 04-18-2013 11:00 AM PDT