Locate a Local Immigration Lawyer
The Immigration Laws of the United States
Coming to and staying in the United States brings many responsibilities and obligations. There are procedural laws and requirements that must be followed for those who wish to enter and stay in the United States for any length of time.
Immigration laws regulate how an individual from abroad may qualify for a visa and under what circumstances that individual can be deported. There are many different kinds of temporary and permanent visas. Depending on the purpose of your entry, there is a visa that is right for you.
Those already in the United States must also abide by immigration laws. Large portions of immigrants who legally reside within the United States have a green card, or permanent visa. While those with green cards may seek to be citizens, they must also stay away from activities that may bring deportation. It is always wise to make whatever attempts possible to reside legally within the United States.
Alternatively, some people who reside in the United States may wish to seek asylum due to the conditions in their home countries. Immigration laws and lawyers experienced in the field offer many options for those wishing to reside in the United States.
Citizenship (17+ Articles)
- Applying for U.S. Citizenship
- Dual Citizenship
- What is Naturalization?
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Establishing Permanent Residency
- What If I Can't Recieve Citizenship?
Government Removal (Deportation) of a Foreigner (14+ Articles)
- Regulating Removal / Deportation
- Suspending Deportation for Hardship
- Fraudelent Marriages
- Alien Immigration
Immigration Law (34+ Articles)
- Alien Immigration
- Detained Aliens
- Immigrant Visa
- Non-Immigrant Visa
- Voluntary Departure
Permanent Visas or Green Cards (40+ Articles)
- What Should I Know About Green Cards?
- Green Card Renewal
- What Is The Visa Lottery?
- Family Member Visas
- Marriage Visas
- Work Visas
- The Green Card Application Process
Political Asylum and Refugees (3+ Articles)
- Seeking Refugee Immigration Status vs. Political Asylum
- What U.S. Agency Decides Political Asylum and Refugee Issues?
- What Is Temporary Protected Status?
- What Else Should I Know About Refugee Status?
Temporary Visas (61+ Articles)
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 07-30-2013 02:21 PM PDT
Did you find this article informative?
Link to this page