Drug Trafficking Lawyers
What is Drug Trafficking?
Drug trafficking is a drug crime with the purpose of allowing the government to stop drug transactions and the money they may create. Both the federal government and many states criminalize drug trafficking and broadly define it as the trade or dealing in illegal substances, which covers activities including:
- Attempting to do any of these
What Are the Consequences for Drug Trafficking?
If you are found guilty of drug trafficking, the federal government and each state have different punishments, which could include:
- Fines - ranging from $300,000 to $10,000,000
- Prison time - ranging from 10 years for first offenses to life without parole for a second offense
- A combination of fines and prison time
- Eviction from a rental property
Do I Need an Attorney if I am Being Charged With Drug Trafficking?
If you are charged with drug trafficking, it is highly recommended that you find a criminal defense attorney to advise you of your rights, help defend you, and try to mitigate the consequences you could face.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 10-04-2013 03:27 PM PDT
Did you find this article informative?