Family law is an important area of law that regulates all legal aspects of a person’s family life. Issues involving marriage, separation, and divorce often bring about the most complex legal issues a person will ever face. The resources below can help you understand the most common husband and wife legal issues.
- Residency Requirements and Divorce Timeframe
- Different Types of Divorces: "Fault" & "No Fault" States
- Separate and Shared Property in Divorce
- Community Property States
- Equitable Distribution Property States
- What is a Prenuptial Agreement?
- Prenuptial Agreements and Children
- Spoiusal Support Provisions in Prenuptial Agreements
- Fighting a Prenuptial Agreement
- What is Spousal Support or Alimony?
- Temporary Spousal Support
- Taxing Alimony or Spousal Support
- Modification or Termination of Spousal Support
Should I Contact a Family Law Attorney?
It is important to seek the advice of of an experienced family lawyer as early as possible with your family law issue. Your lawyer will represent your best intersts and provide level-headed advice during difficult times.