Consumer Rights Lawyers

Locate a Local Products & Services Lawyer

Find Lawyers in Other Categories
Most Common Products & Services Law Issues:

How Can I Enforce a Warranty for a defective Product?

The first thing you should do is try to return the product to the seller or manufacturer for replacement or repair. If you have a warranty for the item the seller or manufacturer is required to give you a product in fully working condition, or in some instances there might be an option to refund the money you paid for the product. If the seller or manufacturer will not fix or replace your product, you have a few options: 

What If the Product Breaks after the Warranty Expires?

It depends on the condition your product was in while it was under warranty. If your product had a defect while under warranty and you followed the procedures listed under the warranty to have the defect fixed, the manufacturer or seller will be required to extend your warranty for a longer period of time in most states. Also, even if your product did not have any problems under warranty and the warranty has since expired, if a defect comes up in your product you may still want to call and ask the seller or manufacturer if it could be fixed for free. Sometimes the manufacturer or seller will be aware of some common defect in that line of products and will fix the defect at charge for any customer who reports it. 

Should I Consult a Lawyer If My Warranty Isn't Being Honored?

If your warranty is not being honored your only option may be to hire a personal injury lawyer. An experienced consumer rights attorney can help you determine what your rights are under the warranty. A consumer rights lawyer can also help you file any necessary paperwork and represent you in court.

Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 07-21-2014 04:00 PM PDT

Find the Right Lawyer Now

Link to this page

Law Library Disclaimer

LegalMatch Service Mark