Fireworks Accident Lawyers
Locate a Local Personal Injury Lawyer
What are Fireworks Accidents?
Fireworks accidents may occur when fireworks explode or “go off” in a manner other than what they were designed for. In some cases, this may be attributed to the way the fireworks were handled; in other cases, the accident may be due to something wrong with the firework itself. Some firework accidents include:
- The firework exploding too early and injuring someone nearby
- The firework exploding while the person is still holding the item
- Fireworks flying or traveling in ways that the item was not intended to
- Accidents resulting in fires
- Accidents related to the firework’s detonation or priming mechanisms
- Various other types of accidents
Fireworks injuries typically involve burns and other injuries related to explosive items. Some fireworks can involve serious injuries, such as loss of a limb, loss of sight or hearing, or other types of bodily injuries. Some firework and firecracker accidents have been linked to wrongful death claims.
Who Can be Held Liable for Fireworks Accidents?
Liability for a fireworks accident can be traced to different parties, depending on the facts surrounding the incident. For instance, liability may be traced to:
- A person who was handling the fireworks (for instance, if they acted negligently or recklessly, such as pointing the fireworks at another person)
- The manufacturer, designer, or distributor of fireworks (such as when there is a product defect involved)
For larger fireworks shows, the company or group in charge of operating the fireworks can be held liable for accidents or injuries caused by the fireworks show.
Are There any Legal Remedies for Fireworks Accidents?
Legal remedies for fireworks accidents and fireworks injuries typically involve some form of money award. This is issued to the injured person or persons to help compensate them for losses caused by the accident. This can include hospital bills, medical expenses, and other costs. The damages award will also typically cover any property damage related to the accident. Calculation of the damages depends on several factors, such as:
- The degree of seriousness of the injury
- Whether the liable party acted negligently or recklessly
- The amount of property damage in question (if any)
In some cases, other remedies may apply. For instance, in cases where a firework is used extremely carelessly, the case may result in criminal recklessness charges or other criminal penalties. Penalties may also increase if there are issues with illegal possession or use of the fireworks.
Should I Hire a Lawyer for Assistance with a Fireworks Accident Claim?
Fireworks accidents can often be serious and may involve severe injuries and/or extensive property damage. You may need to hire a personal injury lawyer in your area if you need assistance or legal guidance with a fireworks accident claim. Your attorney can provide you with the research needed to help you with your case. If you need to make an appearance in court, your attorney can represent you during those times as well.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 07-05-2016 11:12 AM PDT
Link to this page