Automobile Accident Lawyers
Automobile accidents can be very upsetting and the process to recover your losses does not make the accident any easier. Dealing with the insurance companies can be very confusing when you are unfamiliar with the terms they use and the value of your case. Most automobile accident matters are handled by lawyers experienced in dealing with insurance companies and their attorneys.
Notify the Responsible Parties
Usually insurance companies, and determine the exact amount of insurance coverage available.
Gather your facts:
- Police reports
- Traffic tickets issued by the police
- Photos of the accident scene
- Names and phone numbers of witnesses and what they saw
- Medical records and bills
- Photos of your injuries
- Wage stubs to prove what you were making at the time of the accident and how much work you are missing as a result of the injury
Negotiate with the Insurance Company
Negotiate with the insurance company to be compensated for your injuries. At this stage it is important to know the true value of your case.
Demand Letter to the Insurance Company usually stating the following:
- Why the other person and their insurance company are responsible
- Injuries and effect of those injuries
- Medical costs both present and future
- Lost income
- Other damages
- Usually demand a specific sum of money
The insurance company will usually offer to settle your case for far less than the amount requested.
If No Settlement
If you are unable to get the settlement you want, your only option is to sue the insurance company in Court
Do you need an Attorney Experienced in Auto Accidents?
If you or a loved one have been injured in an auto accident, you should speak to an attorney immediately to learn more about preserving your rights and remedies.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 06-28-2011 02:50 PM PDT