Gang Violence Lawyers
Locate a Local Criminal Lawyer
Gang Violence Lawyers
A violent crime is any crime that threatens to or actually inflicts physical harm on another individual. In some situations, it also involves committing violence to intentionally achieve another crime such as robbery.
What Is a Gang?
A gang is an organized group of individuals with a common objective and who share a certain identity. These organized group of people typically identify themselves by a specific sign or name.
What Is Gang Violence?
Gang violence refers to criminal and non-criminal acts of violence committed by a group of individuals in a gang who continuously engage in crimes against people.
Does the Criminal Activity Always Occur against Innocent People?
No. Gang violence also includes altercations between two or more gangs. Multiple gangs frequently engage in violent acts against one another in struggles over territory and racketeering ventures.
What Types of Crimes Are Included in Gang Violence?
Violent crimes that are considered gang violence include:
- Sex Crimes: These crimes typically involve coerced or illegal sexual conduct against a person and range from sexual assault, rape, statutory rape, and prostitution.
- Extortion: This crime involves wrongfully obtaining property from another by intimidating and/ or using oral or written threats. The accused gang member can also use false claims to extort property and money from individuals.
- Threatening Witnesses: This crime is defined as threatening people who are testifying means placing them in fear of immediate harm.
- Felonies Inflicting Bodily Harm on an Individual: These violent crimes are defined as inflicting physical injury on someone one, such as battery, manslaughter, or assault.
- Kidnapping: This crime is defined as transporting a person against their will from one place to another.
- Armed Robbery: This crime involves using a weapon to take property from another individual.
Should I Contact an Attorney If I Have Been Accused of Gang Violence?
Yes, you should contact a criminal defense attorney if you have been accused of a gang violence crime. An attorney will explain the laws and determine which defenses are available to you.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 06-23-2016 12:20 PM PDT
Link to this page