- Andrew D.
- Hunt Valley, MD
- Employment and Labor Law
- LegalMatch has been a steady source of potential clients for about nine years, since within a few months of starting my law practice.
- LegalMatch provides more information about potential clients than any other service that I'm aware of.
- You get the entire description of the case. It makes it very easy to determine if this is a potential client that you might be able to help. It saves me a lot of time.
I think that other attorneys should get a LegalMatch membership. The prices are very reasonable. All it takes is one or two cases and it will more than pay for itself. In my experience, we get at least two or three paid consultations from the LegalMatch intake each month, and probably one or two every few months that turn into real serious cases.
LegalMatch Brings in Steady Employment Law Leads and Big Cases Every Few Months
I’ve been a LegalMatch member for about nine years. My firm specializes in Employment Law. LegalMatch positively impacted my business within a few months of starting my new law practice. I retained several clients from them within the first six months.One of my biggest cases during my first year of business came from LegalMatch. Since that time, it's given me a steady source of potential clients.
LegalMatch makes it very easy to evaluate a potential client because all the information from the client is already there for your perusal. You don’t just get a name and topic information; there's so much more detail provided to help you determine whether you can assist the potential client.
I can review the information provided by the potential client and, probably 80% of the time, I can immediately decide if it's a case that I can take or not. It saves me a lot of time. It's more than paid for itself.
I think that other attorneys should get a LegalMatch membership because there is really nothing to lose. The prices are very reasonable. All it takes is one or two cases and it will more than pay for itself. In my experience, we get at least two or three paid consultations from the LegalMatch intake each month, and probably one or two every few months that turn into real serious cases.
Tips for New Attorneys on the LegalMatch System
For an attorney who is new to the LegalMatch system, the tips that I can share to be able to get the most out of their LegalMatch membership are:
- First, create detailed templates which you can use when you reply to cases. It makes it really easy to quickly respond. I have about 10 templates which I have prepared in advance. Once I read a case intake, I can decide which template applies. Simply select a template which is applicable and hit respond. With the help of pre-defined templates, it just takes about ten seconds to send a response to the potential client.
- The second most important thing is to review the intakes and respond immediately. The faster you review them, the more likely it is that the person will respond quickly because they haven't found another attorney yet.
Legal Leads with More Case Details Let You Prescreen for the Clients You Can Help at a Very Reasonable Cost vs. Return
In terms of cost-benefit, LegalMatch compares very well to other marketing sources because the cost is very reasonable compared to the returns, at least in my experience. Also, it provides more information about potential clients through the intake forms than any other service that I'm aware of.
Over the last year, I received about four to eight referrals in an average week. Probably about one in every 10 to 20 intakes becomes a case. In employment law, the yield ratio with case intakes is extremely low across every type of advertising because of the nature of employment cases. We have a huge number of people contact us every month who think they have a case because they got fired from their job. The vast majority of them, however, don't have a case because they're at-will employees and there's just no real claim. The average yield rate is about 5%. With LegalMatch, it’s almost the same yield rate - about one in every 10 to 20 intakes becomes a case.
What I like best about LegalMatch is the fact that the intake form gives you all the information so you can quickly review the intake and decide if you want to respond. You get the entire description of the case and everything you need in that form. It makes it very easy to determine if this is a potential client that you might be able to help. I’d definitely recommend LegalMatch to anyone.
The LegalMatch system’s efficiency is most beneficial to me and my firm. It provides us with so much information that it makes it very quick and easy to review an intake and decide if that person could be a potential client. In addition, LegalMatch allows immediate set up of initial consultations with potential clients. I think it's a really interesting process. It is a very useful feature for solo practitioners, or those who don’t employ assistants.