Possession and Use of Fireworks Laws
Locate a Local Criminal Lawyer
Are Fireworks Illegal?
Since fireworks accidents can be dangerous and even fatal, the government regulates fireworks. Few items have maimed, blinded, and injured people as fireworks have. Most states and localities regulate when, what types, and to whom fireworks can be sold as well as how they may be used and possessed. Many of these laws vary because of the wide range of fireworks, from M-80s to sparklers. Breaking a fireworks law could be a felony or a misdemeanor. Here are some examples of laws regulating fireworks:
- Some places ban fireworks sales and use completely.
- Some places require a permit to sell fireworks.
- Some places do not allow the sale of fireworks to children
- Some places require a permit to use fireworks.
- Some places forbid possessing or storing fireworks.
- Some places allow the sale of only certain types of fireworks.
- The federal government bans bringing fireworks to sensitive areas such as airports.
- The federal government bans using fireworks as weapons with the intent of damaging or destroying property through an explosion.
- The federal government bans transporting fireworks into places where it would be prohibited.
What Penalties Are There for Using Fireworks?
Penalties for breaking fireworks related laws vary. If you break a fireworks law, you may face a fine, probation, jail time, or a combination. Also, if you injure a person or property while using fireworks, you may be liable for civil damages.
Should I Contact a Lawyer If I am Arrested for Using or Possessing Fireworks?
Because the law varies from place to place, contacting a lawyer can help you determine the relevant law where you are and whether you are permitted to store and use fireworks. A lawyer can also represent you in court if you are accused of violating a fireworks law. If you have been injured by fireworks, speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 07-06-2016 04:22 PM PDT
Link to this page