Personal Injury Claims
What to Do if You've Been personally Injured
If you are filing a Personal Injury Claim:
- DO seek medical attention, if needed. Be consistent in receiving ongoing medical treatment so that it is clear that the treatment is related to the injuries you incurred in the accident.
- DO document your injury with photos, video or journal entries. Remember that the injury may include damage to the health of your body, your mental state, your property and your finances.
- DO contact the police, if appropriate.
- DO gather as much information as possible about the other parties at the time of the incident.
- DO get the contact information for any possible witnesses.
- DO consider contacting a lawyer to represent your interests.
- DO save any physical evidence involved in the incident.
- DON?T discuss fault with anyone except your legal counsel.
- DON?T sign anything without the approval of your lawyer.
- DON?T agree to settle without contacting your lawyer.
- DON?T subject yourself to any further damage.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 04-24-2013 02:21 PM PDT