Personal Injury Claims
Locate a Local Personal Injury Lawyer
What to Do if You Have Been Personally Injured
If you are filing a personal injury claim, here are several do’s and don’ts:
What You Should Do
- If needed, seek medical attention. Be consistent in receiving ongoing medical treatment so that it is clear that the treatment you are receiving is related to the injuries you incurred in the accident.
- Document any injuries with photos, video or journal entries. Remember that injuriesinclude damage to your bodily health, your mental state, your property, and your finances.
- If appropriate,contact the police.
- At the time of the incident, gather as much information as possible about the other people involved.
- Get the contact information ofany possible witnesses.
- Consider contacting a lawyer to represent your interests.
- Save any physical evidence involved in the incident.
What You Should Not Do
- It is important that you do not discuss fault with anyone except your legal counsel. It is also important that you do not talk to anyone involved in the case without your lawyer or without your lawyer’s approval.
- Never sign anything without the approval of your lawyer.
- Never agree to settle without contacting your lawyer and getting his or her approval.
- If you are continually being injured, do everything you can to prevent further damage from happening to you.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 05-29-2014 01:12 PM PDT
Did you find this article informative?
Link to this page