Swimming Pool Accident Lawyers
Locate a Local Personal Injury Lawyer
What are Swimming Pool Accidents?
Swimming pool accidents claim the lives of thousands of children each year. In addition, various injuries are sustained because of swimming pools. The owners and operators of swimming pools and facilities have a duty to maintain the safety of the pool and the surrounding premises.
What Should I Do if I've Been Injured?
The owners and operators of a swimming pool owe each occupant a duty to use reasonable care in operating a pool. Individuals that have been injured because of the negligence of swimming pool operators have to prove various elements. These include:
- A swimming pool operator/owner owed you a legal duty of reasonable care to protect you from injuries.
- The operator/owner failed in its duty.
- The failure of an operator/owner caused the injury sustained by a victim.
- A victim did suffer serious injury. In addition, individuals that have been injured as a result of swimming pool accidents might have to call various medical experts. These experts will testify as to the nature and extent of the injuries sustained because of the negligence of a swimming pool owner.
What Steps Can a Swimming Pool Owner Take?
The owners and operators of swimming pools should take reasonable steps to prevent or minimize injury on their premises. These include:
- Don't leave a pool unattended.
- Have someone trained in CPR present at all times.
- Cover a pool when not in use.
- Surround a pool with a fence to prevent unwanted intruders.
- Have guests supervise their children at all times.
- Have a homeowner's insurance policy that covers against lawsuits.
Should I Consult an Attorney?
An experienced personal injury attorney can help to create a strong negligence case against any pool owners/operators. In addition, an attorney can evaluate medical evidence to indicate the extent of injuries and determine appropriate compensation. The process of proving negligence requires experience and expertise that can be accomplished by hiring a good attorney.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 11-30-2011 04:02 PM PST
Link to this page