Prisoner Rights Violation Lawyers
What Are Some Examples of Prisoner Rights Violations?
Just because an individual is convicted of a crime and incarcerated does not mean that they do not have civil rights. Unfortunately, many forms of civil rights abuses do occur in prisons. Examples include:
- Holding prisoners in outdated prisons that are unsanitary or unsafe
- The sexual harassment or assault of prisoners by prison guards
- Preventing a prisoner from complaining about prison conditions to outside parties, such as the courts
- Punishing a prisoner for complaining about the prison to outside parties
- Subjecting a prisoner to torture or other forms of cruel and unusual punishment
- Denying a prisoner medical attention, or providing inadequate medical attention or facilities
- Denying a disabled prisoner the access guaranteed them under the Americans with Disabilities Act
How Can a Lawyer Help with Prisoner Rights Violations?
If you are incarcerated and think your rights have been violated, an experienced criminal defense attorney can help you lodge a complaint. A criminal defense attorney also can help you recover damages for injuries you suffer as a result of incarceration.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 07-06-2009 12:52 PM PDT