Prisoner Rights Lawyers
Locate a Local Criminal Lawyer
What are a Prisoner's Rights?
- Be protected from cruel and unusual punishment
- Be free from sexual harassment and other sex crimes
- Access the courts to complain about the prison system and the treatment of inmates
- Medical and mental health care
- Protections afforded under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Be free from racial segregation unless necessary for safety reasons
- No reasonable expectation of privacy in their cells
- Limited freedom of speech
- Prior to seeking a remedy in court, prisoners must exhaust internal remedies
- Courts may dismiss prisoner claims if determined to be frivolous or malicious
- Prisoners must show a physical injury prior to making a claim for a mental or emotional injury
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 09-09-2015 10:09 AM PDT
Did you find this article informative?
Link to this page