Careers at LegalMatch
In 1999, LegalMatch founded the Legal Matching industry by pioneering the concept of online attorney-client matching. Our service enables consumers to find the right attorney simply by participating in a free and anonymous interview. After determining the extent of their needs, LegalMatch provides those clients with the highest level of attorney screening possible. Satisfaction is always guaranteed. For attorneys, we offer the best, most convenient way to find quality clients. LegalMatch allows each lawyer to focus their client-base and find cases that interest them, becoming, in the process, more specialized and skilled attorneys.
We are currently in the midst of an unprecedented growth phase, and right now we have the largest number of legal cases that have ever been presented on our site.
Membership Department Positions
In our Austin and Las Vegas offices, LegalMatch is looking for highly skilled individuals to assist with the lawyer recruitment process. We need effective, talented, business-savvy individuals to set appointments, conduct interviews, and secure attorneys for membership. We are currently interviewing candidates for the following positions:
Membership Recruitment Manager (Austin and Las Vegas)
A vital role in our sales process, the Membership Recruiting Manager will place and receive calls in order to generate contracts with prospective LegalMatch attorneys. His or her primary goal will be to match the needs of attorneys with the needs of the company, discussing pricing, and culminating with a contract.
- Superb telephone skills
- Basic computer skills and the ability to input data into a CRM system
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable using the Internet
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Self motivated and able to excel with minimum supervision
- Closing skills
At LegalMatch, we offer careers, not jobs. Our insistence on quality, both in our choice of Member Attorneys and employees, is what has allowed us to dominate the legal matching industry. With a 98% consumer satisfaction rate and traffic more than 10 times that of any other company in the legal matching space, no one else even comes close to our success.
LegalMatch currently operates in South San Francisco, Austina and Las Vegas, and has immediate openings in our Austin and Las Vegas offices.
LegalMatch offers a dynamic yet casual and fun work environment. We recognize that our employees are the key to our future, so LegalMatch offers a unique environment where your ideas are always appreciated and your contributions make an important difference. Because of this philosophy, we offer competitive compensation packages and top-notch benefits for every employee. All of our employees enjoy the ability to make an immediate impact, learn new things and partake in a high-energy, vibrant working environment with extremely accomplished people.
As a LegalMatch employee your package includes base salary of $30K/year, bonus incentives, full training and health and dental benefits.
If you are interested in helping us with our mission and you feel up to the challenge, please submit your resume with a cover letter to with "Account Manager" as your subject line. LegalMatch will contact qualified candidates to arrange interviews.
Marketing Department Positions
Front End UX Designer (South San Francisco)
LegalMatch has been a pioneer in the online Legal Matching space for over 12 years helping consumers and businesses find the right attorneys for their issues.
As a key member of our South San Francisco marketing design team, you'll be a guiding force behind the LegalMatch user experience. Our team is creative, enthusiastic and motivated. Do you want to have fun while creating exceptional customer experiences?
You will be in a position to create usable, useful and desirable solutions. You'll be responsible for developing, testing, implementing and maintaining our company's web-based application interfaces including websites, electronic marketing, interactive advertising and mobile solutions. You will see the results of your work. We develop and operate the highest quality solutions and are looking for people who want to do the same in their role.
The role is a combination of visual design, front-end coding in HTML5 and CSS3 and maintaining the visual and functional integrity of back-end applications. In this position you will:
- Create visual design comps for web and mobile projects.
- Work closely with the user team to develop designs that meet customer needs.
- Contribute ideas and expertise towards conversion optimization of the lead generation process.
- Work with marketing department members and developers to create prototypes of new features and functionality.
- Effectively present designs to internal stakeholders.
- Create production graphics, styles and work with developers to incorporate them into both the company and affiliate website and our consumer and business applications.
- Builds front-end code as reusable components and codes for optimal site performance.
You will work in the marketing department and report to the Director of Web Production. You will work closely with team members in engineering and IT, both in office and remotely.
The ideal candidate has a background and experience that includes:
- An understanding of the importance of a constantly changing Internet landscape and synergies of informational architecture, SEO, content diversification and social media.
- An appreciation for the quantum shift in media usage due to device diversification.
- Bachelor's degree in web design/programming, art/graphic design or equivalent work experience.
- Experience designing for mobile, web and/or software applications, not just marketing websites.
- Experience designing and programming complex, technical applications such as responsive sites and mobile site templates.
- Familiarity with content management systems such as Word Press.
- A penchant to maintain and expand corporate branding and design guidelines.
- The ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus.
- An understanding of good, modern web design principles, utilizing cutting edge technologies.
- Proficiency with PHP; and ideally be at or near an advanced level.
- Experience with industry standard optimization testing software.
Extra Bonus Points for:
- Additional Degree or Certificate in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Knowledge of JQuery, AJAX, and DOM manipulation.
- Experience with client-side libraries/frameworks such as JQuery and Struts.
- Experience using source control, (e.g. AccuRev).
Only applications including salary requirements will be considered. Position is full time and includes benefits.
When applying, in addition to your resume, you must include a cover letter that details your knowledge and experience that is relevant to the job. Use "UX Designer" as your subject line to . Please include salary requirements. LegalMatch will contact qualified candidates to arrange interviews.
Engineering Department Positions
Java Engineer (Austin)
LegalMatch is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Austin. The job entails enhancing and maintaining the Java based web applications that run our business. We are a small software development team so we need someone who is a quick and eager learner and can adapt to different tasks. You will be involved in all aspects of software development. You will be working within a large existing codebase so we need someone who knows that working carefully and writing maintainable code are the keys to developing good software.
- One or more years working with Java based web applications.
- Object oriented analysis and design.
- SQL (specifically MySQL).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with: Java Servlets, Apache Struts, Hibernate.
- Have a working familiarity with an IDE such as Eclipse.
- Working knowledge of regular expressions.
When applying, in addition to your resume, you must include a cover letter that details your knowledge and experience that is relevant to the job. Use "Java Engineer" as your subject line to . Please include salary requirements. LegalMatch will contact qualified candidates to arrange interviews.