Careers at LegalMatch
In 1999, LegalMatch founded the Legal Matching industry by pioneering the concept of online attorney-client matching. Our service enables consumers to find the right attorney simply by participating in a free and anonymous interview. After determining the extent of their needs, LegalMatch provides those clients with the highest level of attorney screening possible. Satisfaction is always guaranteed. For attorneys, we offer the best, most convenient way to find quality clients. LegalMatch allows each lawyer to focus their client-base and find cases that interest them, becoming, in the process, more specialized and skilled attorneys.
We are currently in the midst of an unprecedented growth phase, and right now we have the largest number of legal cases that have ever been presented on our site.
Current Open Positions:
- Inside Sales Representativeâ (Austin, Las Vegas, and Reno)
- SEO Manager (Reno)
- Paid Search Manager (Reno)
- Software Engineer (Austin)
Membership Department Positions
In our Austin, Las Vegas, and Reno offices, LegalMatch is looking for highly skilled individuals to assist with the lawyer recruitment process. We need effective, talented, business-savvy individuals to set appointments, conduct interviews, and secure attorneys for membership. We are currently interviewing candidates for the following positions:
Inside Sales Representative (Austin, Las Vegas, and Reno)
LegalMatch is looking for experienced, enthusiastic Inside Sales Reps. As a member of our growing team, you will be expected to develop, build and manage your own pipeline, resulting in closed memberships. You are responsible for the entire sales process, from prospecting and appointment setting to demonstrating our service and closing. Can you do it?
- Developing contacts
- Prospecting on the telephone to prospective qualified attorneys
- Demonstrating the product to the attorney decision makers
- Interviewing attorneys for a possible match for LegalMatch membership
- Closing the deal with a signed Membership contract
- Accurately forecasting current and future Membership deals
- Participating in 1:1 and team meetings and training classes
Required Skills and Experience
- 1-2 Years of experience in a sales oriented environment
- Must possess excellent telephone communication skills, and be self-motivated
- The ability to "solution sell" a product or service
- The ability to identify the decision maker and be comfortable calling and dealing with decision makers
- Possess high energy, maintain a persistent mindset, enthusiasm, and be extremely goal oriented
- Possess a professional business manner
- Ability to organize and prioritize work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic computer and internet skills; knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Bachelors degree preferred
LegalMatch offers a dynamic yet casual and fun work environment. We recognize that our employees are the key to our future, so LegalMatch offers a unique environment where your ideas are always appreciated and your contributions make an important difference. Because of this philosophy, we offer competitive compensation packages and benefits for every employee. All of our employees enjoy the ability to make an immediate impact, learn new things and partake in a high-energy, vibrant working environment with extremely accomplished people.
LegalMatch, headquartered in San Francisco, with sales offices in Austin, TX, Reno and Las Vegas is a profitable, privately-held company on the fast track. We are looking for overachievers to be part of the Reno team! Our mission is to provide the best way for people to find an attorney, and the best way for attorneys to focus and grow their practices.
LegalMatch is an Equal Opportunity employer dedicated to providing a safe and progressive workplace.
Salary is base plus commission $30,000-$65,000
If you are interested in helping us with our mission and you feel up to the challenge, please submit your resume with a cover letter to with "Account Manager" as your subject line. LegalMatch will contact qualified candidates to arrange interviews.
Marketing Department Positions
SEO Manager (Reno, NV)
LegalMatch has been a pioneer in the online Legal Matching space for over 12 years helping consumers and businesses find the right attorneys for their issues.
The SEO Manager is responsible for the day-to-day responsibilities of managing LegalMatch's search engine optimization for multiple web properties that contain hundreds of thousands of content pages. In addition to the key responsibilities bulleted below you're expected to become a LegalMatch "product expert" in our industry.
You'll understand the hot issues and new developments in the online legal space, and help create an associated content expansion roadmap, working with the SEO Director and Content Marketing team to develop landing page content, link bait and discover and serve under-served content niches.
- Manage and execute implementation of SEO current strategies, monitor KPIs and goal funnels.
- Ongoing communication with the SEO Director on strategy and project development, timelines, and results.
- Help devise new strategies and tactics in collaboration with the SEO Director and other marketing team members -- you'll refine/define requirements, tasks, and resources associated with new SEO strategies.
- Stay abreast of internet marketing, search engine algorithm updates, and social media trends as well as regularly survey legal industry changes and development.
- Daily check-ins on important KPIs.
- Regular monitoring of GWT accounts across multiple properties and views and initiating action for uncovered issues.
- Daily interaction with Google Analytics reports in order to develop, recommend and/or enhance SEO strategies and channel performance.
- Utilize the full SEO toolset at your disposal for daily, weekly and monthly administration.
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels in order to improve rankings using in-house and third party tracking tools.
- Produce SEO analysis and recommendations pertaining to elements and structure of websites and web pages.
- Routinely checking and maintaining on-page optimization for targeted keywords and page groups.
- Manage and refine internal linking strategies.
- Research link and relationship building opportunities.
- Develop and implement link building campaigns.
- Perform keyword research to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities.
- Provide recommendations, execute and manage strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals -- general and keyword specific.
- At least two years SEO experience.
- Proven track record in natural search engine marketing.
- Strong understanding of SEO tools and techniques.
- Experience managing SEO for large scale content provider.
- Experienced in using SEO for lead generation in a defined vertical.
- Thorough understanding of website analytics.
- Able to work independently but also work well in a team setting, comfortable managing several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to turn business requirements into deliverables.
- Proficient in MS Office -- ability to execute Excel Pivot tables to gain a deeper understanding of multiple data sets a plus.
- Must have basic HTML skills.
- Experience using a CMS system.
- Results-driven, organized, and very self-directed.
When applying, in addition to your resume, you must include a cover letter that details your knowledge and experience that is relevant to the job. Use "SEO Manager" as your subject line to . Please include salary requirements. LegalMatch will contact qualified candidates to arrange interviews.
Paid Search Manager (Reno, NV)
LegalMatch has been a pioneer in the online Legal Matching space for over 14 years helping consumers and businesses find the right attorneys for their issues. We're looking for an experienced Paid Search Manager, who will work closely with our San Francisco based Marketing team, but will be based out of our Reno, NV office. You will be responsible for maintaining our existing PPC campaigns as well as planning, implementing, optimizing, and analyzing new PPC marketing activities.
The ideal candidate will have three or more years of experience managing paid search ads for a large online business or conversion-oriented ad agency, managing multiple Google and Bing accounts, five and six figure monthly budgets and tens of thousands of keywords. You'll be able to demonstrate before and during the interview process that you are current with best practices/technologies, and have a strong desire to understand how PPC fits into an overall online marketing strategy at LegalMatch.
The Paid Search Manager will be involved in:
- Analyzing large amounts of existing data
- Learning and implementing industry specific PPC tactics
- Implementing bidding strategies
- Display network management
- Creative testing
- Budget management
- Keyword maintenance
- Various metrics reporting, including using statistical approaches to analyze and be able to accurately track and communicate results.
You will become a "legal industry marketing expert," understanding marketing issues unique to our industry. You'll work closely with the rest of the Marketing team to develop relevant ads, content, landing pages, and refine bidding strategies. You will help drive continued innovation and best practice implementation and regularly share your knowledge and insights with the marketing team and company executives to further company goals and document best practices.
Required Paid Search Management Skills
- Three plus years of experience managing Paid Search using Google AdWords. (Experience using AdCenter a plus)
- Proficiency with Display, Remarketing, and Ad Extensions
- MCC experience managing multiple AdWords accounts
- You are an AdWords Editor whiz
- Well-versed in Excel (Filters &Pivot tables) to analyze and interpret the data
- Ability to build-out an account end-to-end (keywords, ads, campaigns, settings), analysis, and reporting
- Able to trouble shoot & explain real world best practices vs. Google's standard recommendations.
- Know how PPC fits into an overall LegalMatch Digital Marketing strategy
- Work as part of a team across multiple offices to build cohesive online marketing strategies
- Work closely with SEO, Content and UI teams to share insights and develop and create optimized landing pages
- Work with Analytics team to ensure proper goal setup and tracking, and to understand non-PPC influences on account performance.
- Google AdWords certified
- Google Analytics certification a plus
- Bing Ads Accredited Professional a plus
- Actively keep up on SEM roll outs, best practices, industry trends, and news
- You rely on tools and automation to help with the "heavy lifting" and repetitive tasks, but you don't let it replace thinking or learning
- Able to compare and contrast PPC tools like: Kenshoo, Marin, Raven, SEMRush, SpyFu, Acquisio, WordStream, SpeedPPC, or Clicksweeper a plus
- Fundamental knowledge and experience with web analytical tools and interfaces.
- Be creative and analytical and detailed oriented
- Be driven by results, testing, and optimization
- Have a strong desire to learn, innovate and improve
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive, make-it happen, goal-oriented personality
- Takes accountability and ownership of his/her own work.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics (certification a plus)
- Strong analytical skills with ability to drive meaningful actions from large data sets
- Proficiency in MS Office - especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Self-motivated, self-starter
- Great attention to detail
- Focus on quality and results.
- Increase high-quality lead volume while maintaining or lowering CPL costs
- Review daily reports and make appropriate adjustments to maximize KPIs
- Keyword research (discovery and expansion), review and editing of ad creative copy,review and analysis of site performance metrics, and optimization of campaigns.
- You have: Prior employment in the legal space or attended law school
- Working experience in online lead generation or eCommerce
- The ability/drive to develop new reports and new methods for analyzing data and optimizing campaign performance
- Worked with third party (Salesforce) and/or internal CRM systems to expand and improve campaign management.
When applying, in addition to your resume, you must include a cover letter that details your knowledge and experience that is relevant to the job. Use "Paid Search Manager" as your subject line to . Please include salary requirements. LegalMatch will contact qualified candidates to arrange interviews.
Engineering Department Positions
Java Engineer (Austin)
LegalMatch is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Austin. The job entails enhancing and maintaining the Java based web applications that run our business. We are a small software development team so we need someone who is a quick and eager learner and can adapt to different tasks. You will be involved in all aspects of software development. You will be working within a large existing codebase so we need someone who knows that working carefully and writing maintainable code are the keys to developing good software.
- One or more years working with Java based web applications.
- Object oriented analysis and design.
- SQL (specifically MySQL).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with: Java Servlets, Apache Struts, Hibernate.
- Have a working familiarity with an IDE such as Eclipse.
- Working knowledge of regular expressions.
When applying, in addition to your resume, you must include a cover letter that details your knowledge and experience that is relevant to the job. Use "Java Engineer" as your subject line to . Please include salary requirements. LegalMatch will contact qualified candidates to arrange interviews.