Failure to Pay Child Support Lawyers

Locate a Local Family Lawyer

Most Common Family Law Issues:

Does a Parent Lose Visitation Rights if the Parent Stops Paying Child Support?

If a court has awarded visitation rights to the non-custodial parent, you must honor that even if they are not paying child support regularly, on time, or at all.  Child support payment and visitation are two separate issues.  Refusing visitation to a non-paying parent may jeopardize your custody rights.  There are legitimate ways to enforce a child support order, and although this may be a terribly frustrating situation, withholding visitation is not a good idea.

Can a Non-Paying Non-Custodial Parent Get Custody Orders Changed If Visitation Rights Are Withheld?

In some situations, a parent who is not paying child support regularly or at all may still be able to get a court to modify who has custody of the child based on the withholding of visitation.  A non-custodial parent may convince a court that the custodial parent is frustrating the other parent's right to see the child. 

Do I Need a Lawyer for My Child Support and Visitation Issues?

If you are involved in a situation involving child custody or child support, it may be wise to talk to a family lawyer to discuss the best strategy to protect yourself and your children.  Consulting with an experienced family lawyer can help you understand your rights and help you deal with the complicated court system. 

Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 02-23-2015 10:55 AM PST

Find the Right Lawyer Now

Did you find this article informative?

Link to this page

Law Library Disclaimer

Failure to Pay Child Support Lawyers, pay child support,paying child support,child support,custodial parent,family law,support law,visitation rights,child,support,right,law,parent,legal,visitation,pay,rights,lawyer,family,custodial