Labor Relations and Employment Lawyer
Locate a Local Employment Lawyer
What Is a Labor Relation Lawyer?
Labor relation lawyers deal with employment and management labor relations of both employers and employees. Employment lawyers counsel the rights and duties between employers and employees, making sure the rights and interest of both employers and employees are protected under the federal, state, and local laws.
Do I Have Rights as an Employer?
For employers, employment relation lawyers help counsel employers on compliance of federal, state, and local employment laws in order to help increase workplace productivity and prevent any future employment litigations by employees. Many employment labor lawyers who have employers as clients assist their clients in the following areas:
- Preparation of employee brochures and handouts regarding company policies
- Draft employment contracts and offer letters and/or agreements
- Help organize any drug/alcohol regulation policy
- Investigation of employment misconduct in the workplace
- Assist in Compliance of federal, state, local laws including wage and hour regulations
- Compliance of health and safety standards
- Protect any employee privacy interest
Do I Have Rights as an Employee?
For employees, employment relation lawyers help counsel the rights and duties between employers and employees making sure that employees are treated fairly and their interest are protected. Many employment labor lawyers who have employees as clients assist their clients in the following areas:
- Disputes regarding wage and hour violations by employers
- Issues regarding employee healthcare and equal pay
- Issues regarding employment contracts and offer agreements
- Control of working hours and working conditions in the workplace
- Issues regarding discrimination in the workplace by employers or other employees
- Matters involving public policy and/or sexual harassment in the workplace
- Matters regarding minimum wage laws
Do I Need Labor Relations and Employment Lawyer?
An experienced attorney can help employers avoid future litigations by advising employers in compliance of workplace policies. An employment lawyer can also can counsel employees concerning workplace violation issues.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 11-25-2014 01:38 PM PST
Link to this page