Workplace Safety Violations

Locate a Local Employment Lawyer

Find Lawyers in Other Categories
Most Common Employment Law Issues:

What Are Some Common Workplace Safety Violations?

Workplace safety violations can sometimes lead to serious injuries or widespread employee complaints. State and federal laws such as the Occupational Safety and Health Act provide businesses with many guidelines regarding worker safety. Some common workplace safety violations include:

Some safety violations may occur away from the worksite. For instance, a significant number of safety violations can also occur at a company-sponsored event or in a vehicle (such as when an employee is making a delivery on behalf of a company).

What Steps Can I Take If I Have a Workplace Safety Complaint?

All employees have the right to a safe work environment. If you believe that you have been affected by a safety violation, or if you have a complaint, there are several steps you can take. These may include:

Thus, the best way to proceed is to work your way up the chain of authority in order to have your complaint reviewed. However, in serious cases, it may be necessary to immediately file a lawsuit (for instance, in cases involving imminent danger or serious harm done to many workers). In some cases, filing a complaint with OSHA may be necessary before you can file a lawsuit in civil court.

What Are Some Remedies for Workplace Safety Violations?

Workplace safety violations can often involve many different consequences, both for the employer and the employee(s). Some common remedies for workplace safety violations include:

Depending on the severity of the claim, a number of these remedies may apply to a single case.

Do I Need a Lawyer for Help with Workplace Safety Violations?

Workplace safety violations can pose dangers and risks to entire groups of people. In many cases, a lawsuit may be necessary, and some of these cases can also be filed as class action suits. You may need to hire a qualified employment lawyer if you have a claim. Regardless of whether you are filing with an administrative agency or with the courts, you will likely need legal representation and guidance for your case. An experienced attorney can assist you in obtaining the appropriate remedy for your claim.

Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 10-14-2016 12:44 PM PDT

Find the Right Lawyer Now

Link to this page

Law Library Disclaimer

LegalMatch Service Mark