Truck Crash Lawyers
Locate a Local Personal Injury Lawyer
Truck Crash Lawyers
A truck crash is a vehicle accident involving at least one large commercial truck. A truck crash can also involve a truck hitting a pedestrian. A large commercial truck may be any number of vehicles, such as a cargo truck, a semi-truck, a tractor-trailer, or a delivery truck.
How Is Fault Determined in a Truck Accident?
Fault in a truck accident is usually determined through police reports, witness statements, and accident scene reconstruction.
What Are Common Causes of Truck Crashes?
Common causes of a truck crash include:
- Driver error: An error caused by driver can result from distracted driving, driving while intoxicated, driving while tired or while medicated, failing to use a turn signal or make a proper turn, or driving while taking on the phone or texting.
- Equipment failure: There may be problems with the truck’s design, manufacturing, or lack of proper maintenance.
- Poor weather conditions
- Road design: How the road was designed or maintained may have caused the truck-passenger vehicle crash.
- Traffic signal failures: Stop signs and traffic lights that are not properly visible or working can cause an accident.
Can I Sue a Truck Company If Their Driver Caused My Accident?
Yes, an individual can sue the truck company, but whether they will win comes down to truck accident liability.
What Is Truck Accident Liability?
Truck accident liability is determining who was responsible for the accident occurring. Although the driver may be the one who caused the accident, other parties may also be liable for the accident, such as:
- The truck company owner
- The driver’s employer
- The manufacturer of the truck
- The company responsible for loading cargo onto the truck
What Are the Legal Remedies Available for a Truck Crash Accident?
Legal remedies usually include monetary damages such as one party paying for the victim’s:
- Medical bills
- Hospital expenses
- Therapy costs
- Lost wages
If the truck crash was caused the victim’s death, his family can file a wrongful death lawsuit. This allows the family to recover monetary damages associated with the driver’s death.
Should I Contact a Lawyer about My Truck Crash?
Truck crashes are complicated because more than one party may be at fault. To understand more about your legal rights, contact a personal injury attorney.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 10-04-2016 02:00 PM PDT
Link to this page