Top Immigration Issues
What Are Some Top Immigration Issues?
Every year, the U.S. tends to change or adjust its immigration laws in order to accommodate the various factors associated with immigration. While many different legal issues can arise in connection with immigration, there are some issues that remain constant from year to year. Understanding how these issues work can make the process of dealing with immigration a lot easier.
Some of the top immigration issues include:
- Family-Based Visa Petitions: This is one of the main routes for immigrating to the U.S. These laws can be very complicated, as they depend on the numbers from the previous year’s quotas.
- Fiancé and Marriage Visas: Similarly, fiancé visas and marriage visas are a common route for immigration.
- Adjustment of Status: This refers to the change from a temporary resident of the U.S. to a permanent resident. This is one of the first steps towards obtaining U.S. citizenship.
- Removal issues: A non-citizen can be subject to a removal proceeding for various reasons, including criminal violations. U.S. immigration policy has become much stricter regarding removal in the past decade.
- Another major immigration issue is the topic of employment. Various laws govern when an immigrant can or cannot work. Hiring an illegal immigrant for work is considered a major violation that can lead to serious legal penalties.
How Can I Obtain Help if I Have an Immigration Issue?
In many cases, immigration issues can be addressed through the assistance of an immigration agency, or by obtaining information from government websites. However, in the event that you have a serious or a pressing immigration issue, it is more advisable that you seek immediate assistance from a legal professional.
In fact, the assistance of a lawyer may be necessary for certain immigration issues, such as removal. In such cases, the non-citizen may be required to appear before an immigration judge or before a panel of immigration agents. During such proceedings, it is important the person be working closely with an attorney, so that their rights and interests are represented properly.
Also, some immigration issues take time to fully resolve. For instance, obtaining an adjustment of status may only be possible after residing in the U.S. for a certain period of time. These types of issues again may need the input of a lawyer so that an application is not found incomplete due to an error.
Do I Need a Lawyer for Help with Immigration Issues?
Most immigration issues involve complex legal issues that can be difficult to fully understand. You may need to hire a lawyer if you need help with any of today’s top immigration issues. Your lawyer can help you or your loved ones with legal issues such as visa requirements, removal proceedings, citizenship hearings, or others. Also, your attorney can represent you during key immigration meetings.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 09-12-2013 02:58 PM PDT
Did you find this article informative?
Link to this page