Space Heater Lawyers
Locate a Local Personal Injury Lawyer
What are Space Heaters?
Space heaters are small, self-contained portable devices that are used for heating a small area such as a room or workspace. They are usually electric, since using gas or other types of heating can be dangerous in a small place. They are typically for personal use, in contrast with larger central heating systems found in some buildings.
Space heaters can sometimes be mounted on a wall, but they are usually placed on a floor or a table. Some places such as libraries or school rooms ban the use of space heaters due to the potential dangers they might cause.
What are Some Dangers Associated with Space Heaters?
Space heaters are associated with three main dangers:
- Fires. Space heaters can sometimes cause fires and fire injuries, especially if the area is very small or if there are flammable materials nearby. Faulty or damages heaters can be subject to igniting.
- Burns. Some space heaters have surfaces that can get very hot. These can cause burn injuries to the skin and other similar injuries.
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. Older space heaters are powered by fuel and may emit carbon monoxide in the process. These should not be used without adequate ventilation
Space heaters are generally safe when used properly. However, the chance of a fire, property damage, or injury increases when the product is used incorrectly or when the product is broken in some way.
Can I Recover Damages if I’ve Been Injured by a Space Heater?
Injuries and property damage caused by space heater mishaps can sometimes be very serious. In many cases, it may be necessary to file a lawsuit in order to obtain a damages award to cover losses. Liable parties may include:
- The manufacturer or distributor (products liability lawsuit)
- A landlord or overseer of a building
- Employers who expose workers to dangerous space heaters
- Other persons who have acted negligently in using the space heater
A damages award can often cover expenses like medical costs, repair of property damage, loss of wages caused by injury, and court fees.
Should I Hire a Lawyer for Help with Space Heater Injuries or Damages?
Space heater injuries can sometimes be difficult to deal with, legally speaking. There may be many different parties involved, and the legal concepts can sometimes require professional assistance. It’s in your best interests to hire an attorney if you need assistance with filing a lawsuit for your claim. A qualified lawyer in your area will be able to provide you with the legal guidance and direction that is needed to successfully complete your case.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 10-27-2015 12:12 PM PDT
Link to this page