Securities Fraud Lawyers
Summary of Securities Fraud Law
- Securities Fraud is any fraud used in connection with the sale of a security
- The law is generally intended to prevent any one from using a scheme to defraud, make untrue statements, or fail to make a statement that deceives investors
- It can also include theft from manipulation of the market, and theft from security accounts
- An investor must rely on information given and they must suffer some type of harm
- The fraud must affect interstate commerce, but this can be as simple as giving information over the telephone or internet
The Prosecution of Securities Fraud
- Civil and administrative actions are brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Criminal proceedings are brought by the United States Department of Justice
- Most states have adopted blue sky laws that are similar to federal laws, so it is possible to be convicted by both the federal and state government for securities fraud
Accused of Securities Fraud?
If you are accused of Securities Fraud, you should speak to an attorney to learn more about your rights, your defenses and the complicated legal system.
Victims of Securities Fraud
If you are a victim of Securities Fraud, you should contact the SEC or the U.S Department of Justice. If there is sufficient evidence, these agencies may prosecute the person who committed the securities fraud against you.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 10-14-2010 04:09 PM PDT
Did you find this article informative?