Roller Coaster Accident Attorneys
Locate a Local Personal Injury Lawyer
What are Roller Coaster Accidents?
Roller coaster accidents occur when a roller coaster ride fails to operate properly, or when a person operates the ride incorrectly. These accidents can happen in various places, but they typically occur in amusement parks and similar settings.
Some typical types of roller coaster accidents include:
- Collisions with other roller coaster cars
- Harsh stops/defects with the braking and stopping mechanisms
- Derailment of the coaster cars
- Malfunctions with rides that turn inverted
- Accident involving a collapse of supporting structures
- Injuries or accidents related to failures of safety restraint/harness/belts/straps
- Accidents related to drops/steep embankments
- Various other types of accidents
Roller coaster accidents can result in serious injury or even death. Injuries can include specific types of injuries such as neck injuries, whiplash injuries, head and spine injuries, and other related injuries.
Who Can be Held Liable for a Roller Coaster Accident or Injury?
Many different parties can be held liable for a roller coaster accident or injury. Liability will of course depend on different factors, such as the nature of the accident, who contributed to the accident, and whether there are any intervening factors in the accident. Parties that may be held liable for a roller coaster accident can include:
- The conductor or operator of the ride (especially if they were negligent)
- Persons responsible for assembly of the ride
- Persons associated with the maintenance, repair, or upkeep of a ride
- Manufacturers of the ride (especially for a defective product or part)
Are There any Legal Remedies Available for a Roller Coaster Accident Claim?
Roller coaster accidents can result in various legal remedies. The most common type of remedy for these cases is a money award. This is issued to the injured party or parties and allows them to recoup losses caused by the accident, including hospital bills, medical expenses, lost wages, and other similar costs. In some roller coaster accident incidents, a class action suit may result if several people are injured by the same cause.
Do I Need a Lawyer for Assistance with a Roller Coaster Accident Lawsuit?
Roller coaster accidents can result in serious bodily injuries. In some cases, they can also result in wrongful death claims. Due to the seriousness of these injuries, you may need to hire a personal injury lawyer in your area if you need assistance with a lawsuit. Your attorney can help you in preparing for trial, and can provide you with legal guidance during the process. If you need to make any appearances in court, your lawyer can represent you during those crucial times as well.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 07-05-2016 10:51 AM PDT
Link to this page