Industrial Equipment Injury Lawsuits
Locate a Local Personal Injury Lawyer
What are Industrial Equipment Accidents?
Industrial equipment includes machinery and gear that is used for commercial purposes. These can include a variety of types of equipment, such as:
- Forklifts, bucket trucks, and other similar vehicles
- Construction equipment
- Various types of agricultural machinery
- Mixers and crushers
- Industrial ovens and other heating devices
- Various other types of machinery
Industrial equipment often involves heat, power, weights, and speeds that are not often found in common consumer products. Thus, accidents and injuries associated with industrial machinery can be very serious. Industrial injuries can include: burns, lacerations, broken bones, crushed or severed limbs, and in many cases, wrongful death issues.
Who Can be Held Liable for an Industrial Equipment Injury?
Liability for industrial equipment injuries can be traced to various parties, depending on the facts and circumstances surrounding the claim. These types of claims are often based on a negligence legal theory, wherein the liable party has disregarded their duty of care to another person, thus causing them measurable injury. Parties that can be held liable for industrial equipment injuries and accidents may include:
- Operators of such machinery
- Instructors who teach how to use the machinery (for instance, if they have negligently provided erroneous education)
- Owners or providers of the equipment
- Manufacturers and distributors of the industrial equipment (especially if there is a product defect)
In many cases, employers or manager of a person who was using the equipment in a work setting can be liable for industrial equipment injuries.
Are There any Legal Remedies for an Industrial Equipment Injury?
Industrial equipment injuries can be very serious and can sometimes involve multiple parties. Remedies for an industrial equipment injury claim can include:
- A monetary damages award- this will usually cover expenses like medical bills, lost wages, and other costs
- Product recalls (for defective products)
- Enforcement of stricter safety standards (especially in a workplace environment)
Lastly, some industrial equipment failures may result in large class action suits, especially if many persons have been injured or affected.
Do I Need a Lawyer for Help with an Industrial Equipment Injury Lawsuit?
Legal claims and lawsuits for an industrial equipment injury can be complex. They may also involve complex laws, filing documents, and deadlines. You may need to hire a personal injury lawyer in your area if you need any help with an injury claim. Your attorney can provide you with the legal guidance, research, and representation needed to succeed on your claim.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 08-08-2016 11:35 AM PDT
Link to this page