Fire Accident Lawyers
Locate a Local Personal Injury Lawyer
What Are Fire Accidents?
Fire accidents occur when a fire erupts in an unintended way, or when an existing fire gets out of control. These types of accidents can be dangerous and cause a great deal of property damage and fire injuries each year. In some cases, fire accidents can be prevented by following proper safety measures when handling fire or flammable objects. In other cases, fire accidents can result due to unintended and somewhat unforeseeable chains of events.
What Are Some Common Causes of Fire Accidents?
Fire accidents can result from a wide range of different factors and situations. Some common types and causes of fire accidents include:
- Electrical fires (for instance, due to frayed wires or bad connecting points)
- Cooking-related fires, such as stovetop fires, grease fires, and barbecue grill fires
- Heater fires
- Campfire accidents
- Accidents related to natural factors such as forest fires
- Chemical fires
- Hazardous materials
In some cases, a fire accident or fire injury can be an aspect of a greater accident situation. For instance, a car fire can result from a car crash.
Who Can Be Held Liable for Injuries or Damages Caused by a Fire Accident?
As mentioned above, fire accidents can be caused by factors that are not necessarily within anyone’s control. However, other fire accidents can be traced to factors that may result in someone being held liable for the fire accident. Examples of some legal issues that can be involved in a fire accident include:
- Negligence: For instance, if a person disregarded their duty to act safely in handling flammable materials
- Defective products: These can sometimes lead to a lawsuit, especially when it comes to electrical or heating products
- Intentional acts: Though these are not necessarily an “accident”, legal claims can be filed in cases where a person acted intentionally to cause fire damage such as in an arson case
In lawsuits involving a fire accident, legal remedies typically include a monetary damages award. This will usually be geared towards compensating the plaintiff for costs associated with any injuries or property damage caused by the fire accident. In other cases, a legal remedy might include a recall of a dangerous product, or other similar actions.
Should I Hire a Lawyer for Assistance with a Fire Accident Claim?
Fire accidents can involve serious injuries or costly property damage. You may need to hire a personal injury lawyer in your area if you have any legal issues involving a fire accident. Your attorney can perform legal research to help determine what type of legal recourse you have. Also, if you need to appear in court, your lawyer can provide you with legal representation during the legal process.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 12-30-2016 04:41 PM PST
Link to this page