Child Custody Lawyers for Men
Locate a Local Family Lawyer
What Do Child Custody Lawyers Do?
Child custody lawyers help clients who are facing child custody issues. Child custody is a complex legal issue, and child custody lawyers may perform tasks such as:
- Researching child custody and visitation laws
- Helping to determine custody arrangement, such as joint custody, shared custody, or sole custody
- Ensuring that the parents and all parties are conforming to child custody orders
- Assisting with modifications of a child custody order at a later date
- Enforcing termination of child custody
- Various other tasks
Some child custody lawyers specialize only in child custody or visitation issues. However, some custody lawyers also practice in related areas such as divorce law or domestic abuse law, as these issues are often interconnected.
What Are Some Child Custody Issues for Men to Consider?
Child custody arrangements are different in each case. The way custody is arranged depends largely on the way that the child relates to each parent, as well as the parent’s capabilities. A child’s relation to a father may be very different from the way that they relate to a mother, and vice-versa. Some child custody issues for men to consider may include:
- Child support, especially if the father is unmarried
- Father’s visitation rights
- Paternity tests
- Non-biological father parental rights
- Name on a child’s birth certificate
Of course, these issues might not be present in every case. Also, they may have different effects based on the type of relationship that the spouses have. For instance, a previous divorce may have major effects on the way that custody is divided.
Are There Any Related Child Custody Issues to Consider?
Some other child custody issues to consider include:
- Child neglect
- Child abuse
- Spousal abuse, especially if the child has witnessed any incidents
- Emotional or verbal abuse
- Restraining orders
These particular issues can have negative effects on custody, and may prevent the father from coming into contact with the child.
Do I Need a Lawyer to Help Me with Child Custody Issues?
Child custody issues can involve some complex legal concepts. Some issues may be more relevant for men in a custody dispute as compared with other issues. You may need to hire a lawyer if you require help with child custody claims. Your attorney can help identify any issues that might be affecting your case. Also, if you need to attend family law court, your lawyer can provide you with representation during the process.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 01-06-2017 12:25 PM PST
Link to this page