Car Insurance Company Lawsuits
Locate a Local Finance Lawyer
What Are Car Insurance Company Lawsuits?
Car insurance company lawsuits may result from individual insurance claim disputes. These are commonly connected with issues such as:
- Disputes over insurance rates and fees
- Non-payment of fees
- Cancellation of policies (breach of contract)
- Refusal by the company to pay for the policy holder’s costs
In addition, car insurance company lawsuits may often be filed as class action lawsuits. These may result from broader issues such as company-wide fraud or unfair business practices.
What is Car Insurance Fraud?
In recent years, car insurance fraud has affected many consumers, leading to losses and various legal issues. Car insurance fraud methods may include:
- Misrepresentation of car values and car prices
- Use of fraudulent or fake insurance documents
- Misleading advertising or marketing practices
- Using force or coercion to get a person to sign a policy contract
- Unauthorized conducting of insurance activity by non-licensed persons (i.e., some persons holding themselves out to be professionals)
- Various online schemes and scams
How Can I Protect Against Car Insurance Legal Issues?
It’s important that you understand the terms of any insurance policy contract before you sign it. This may require a careful review of the terms, or a second look by a professional. You may wish to hire a lawyer for help when it comes to negotiations, auto accident claims, and other issues.
Also, you should understand how any action suggested by the car insurance company would affect you. For instance, if the insurance company suggests that you have your car totaled after an accident, you should check to see whether this will be the most beneficial option for you.
Do I Need a Lawyer for Help with a Car Insurance Company Lawsuit?
Lawsuits against car insurance companies can sometimes be complex. However, such suits may be necessary in order for you to recover damages for any losses caused by an insurance company. Also, your attorney can advise you on any changes to insurance policy in your state.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 09-20-2013 10:28 AM PDT
Link to this page