Bicycle Regulation Lawyers
Locate a Local Criminal Lawyer
Is a Bike a Vehicle?
As far as the law is concerned, a bicycle is a vehicle that must obey traffic laws. This includes observing the speed limit, obeying traffic signals and signs, and yielding to pedestrians. It is also possible to get a DUI or DWI while riding a bike. A violation of any traffic laws can result in a citation, a fine, or even imprisonment in some cases.
What Kind of Bicycle Regulations are There?
There are many regulations that deal specifically with bicycles. Most regulations deal with proper riding and equipment. Some examples of these regulations include:
- The requirement of a fixed seat
- The requirement of a proper child seat for children carried on bikes
- Helmet requirements for children
- A bicycle may not carry more than one person, or the amount of people for which the bike was designed
- Light requirements for night riding
- Proper roadway positions (e.g., right hand side of the road toward the curb)
- Turning signal requirements
- Prohibition of bicycles on freeways
- Riding with no helmet
How can a Lawyer Help me with my Bicycle Regulation Problem?
Many states have civil penalties for violations of various bicycle laws or moving violations. Such penalties can be very costly, and may affect your car insurance rates. An experienced criminal defense attorney can advise you of your legal rights and defenses.
Consult a Lawyer - Present Your Case Now!
Last Modified: 09-28-2016 09:33 PM PDT
Link to this page